Connect school students with science outside the classroom, and help them discover STEM careers in I’m a Scientist.
- Chat with students in text-only live Chats
- Answer their questions about working in science
- Compete for votes to win $500 for your engagement projects
The activity is flexible and works around your schedule – you choose to take part at times that suit you.
It’s all online and text-only (no audio or video). All you need is a web browser.
Scientists: Apply to take part ❯
It only takes 2 minutes to register.
We’ll be in touch if we have a space for you on one of our activities.
Who can take part?
- All professionals working in fields related to STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) are welcome to apply.
- You could be working in industry, academia or the public sector.
- You could be a technician, an apprentice, or in roles like comms or management.
- Take part to show students the wide range of STEM-related careers out there.
What scientists say:“The questions asked were both fun and challenging, keeping me on my toes at all times and giving me a fresh perspective and enthusiasm for my own research”“Love, love, loving taking part in @imascientist, so much fun, very engaging”
Find out more:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect more of the STEM community to school students