Live chats are consistently the most popular part of the event – for students, for scientists, and even for teachers!
They are fun and give immediate contact between scientists and students. Students realise scientists are ‘real people’ and feel connected to them. Many teachers tell us that quieter students are more active in live chats than face to face and it can be an interesting change to class dynamics.
To ensure the scientists aren’t completely overworked by the live chats, we’ve set a few guidelines:
- We’ll give every class one live chat
- Chats are 30 minutes long
- We can only run one live chat at a time in each zone, and will leave 10 minutes between chats ending and starting to give time to close and reopen the chatroom
- We’ll run a maximum of 3 chats per day in each zone
- We will close a live chat after 10 minutes, if you have not shown up.
- Please do let us know if for any reason, such as illness, you’re unable to make a live chat. We can then let the scientists know so they can get back to their day jobs!